Jean Royère, Paire of « Boule » chairs
Jean Royère (1902-1981)
Paire of « Boule » chairs
Pair of chairs made of tubular wrought-iron with a black patina. The front legs are perpendicular to the seat covered with a clear fabric. The back legs are slightly bended. The mounts of the back are also slightly bended. The back has a «broken» line which offers a very interesting profile. The back is made of a strip covered with fabric. Some gilt brass balls punctuate this creation at several points : end-legs, center of the strut, top of the back.
Height 93 cm (36 ½ in) - Width 50 cm (19 ¾ in) - Depth 53 cm (20 ¾ in) - Seat height 47 cm (17 in)
- This pair of chairs comes from
a private French collection where there was also a pair of
armchairs from the same model.
- Archives Jean Royère, Cabinet des Arts Graphiques, MAD, Paris :
- blueprint dated from 1963, numbered 7
255 for the armchair model.
- Drawing annoted XVII-54 for a chair without strut.
- photo numbered 1838 for the armchair model.
- «Jean Royère», galeries J. Lacoste & P. Seguin, Paris,
2012, vol. 1, pp. 37, 169 & 279 et vol. 2 p. 54