Jacques Adnet, Desk
Jacques Adnet (1901-1984)
Desk with a base in metal sections covered with its original fawn leather. On the front of the top, made of cherry wood, two spaces on each sides for dip pens. Three drawers on the belt of the top opening with large bronze ring. The base covered with leather is set with gilt metal bolts which are also part of the ornementation. This decorative element is also on the top.
Total height 75 cm (29 ½ in) - Lenght 175 cm (98 in) - Depth 71 cm (28 in)
- Private collection, France.
- «Jacques Adnet», Alain-René Hardy & Gaëlle Millet, éd. de l’Amateur, Paris, 2009, p. 130 for a similar model exhibited in the «Salle Commune» during the Salon des Artistes Décorateurs in 1949 ; p. 160 for the exact same model.
- Art & Industrie, Octobre 1951 for a smaller model.
- Maison Française, N°40 de 1950 for a smaller model.
- Maison Française, N°63 de décembre 1952 for a smaller model.